Today’s Finale supports you, making it easy to create whatever you can imagine AND to work in the order and manner that best support your creativity.
No matter where your inspiration leads you, from a simple lead sheet or student worksheet, to orchestrating for Hollywood or preparing your Broadway score, choose the solution that supports your vision.Focus on your art, not the details
When inspiration strikes, Finale takes care of the details so you can focus on your music. Capture ideas as fast as you can – with no obstacles to slow you down.Your music, your way
In an instant you can move measures, change keys, or perform dozens of edits to capture, arrange, perfect, and print anything you can imagine. Finale even offers creative and editorial input, from automatically adding a drum groove to indicating when notes have been written out of an instrument’s range.Enter notes your way
The choice is yours. Play in your notes with a MIDI keyboard, mouse, or computer keyboard. You can also import a wide variety of file types, including MIDI and MusicXML™.Print it out
Finale makes it easy to achieve printed perfection. Whether you’re creating a lead sheet for a folk song or pushing the boundaries of music notation, Finale lets you achieve anything you can imagine.Publish perfect scores
Personalize your music to fit your style. From music fonts to chord symbols, from time signatures to music spacing, from lyrics to percussion notation, how your music appears is up to you.
Simply choose a Document Style from Finale’s Setup Wizard, and Finale handles all the details. However, should you choose to customize ANY aspect of your music, Finale lets you do that too.
Your music is as unique as you are. Now it can look as unique as it sounds. Only Finale provides you with the flexibility to create anything you can imagine.SmartMusic® integration, a Finale exclusive
Instantly save your Finale creations as SmartMusic solo or ensemble accompaniments. Assign the piece to your students, assess their performance, and then celebrate their success.Creative resources
Finale provides hundreds of customizable music education worksheets. Quickly produce flashcards, puzzles, and exercises for classes in general music, theory and ear training, composition, arranging, and jazz improvisation.Getting Started
Getting started is easy. Whether youâ™re setting up your score, picking a music font, or watching a QuickStart Video, Finale guides you to perfection.
Enter notes your way from MIDI to your mouse, from scanning to Finaleâ™s exclusive MicNotator®, no other software offers you more note entry options.Adding Markings, Lyrics, and More New in 2014 – Expanded Percussion Playback
Finale automates and streamlines the process of entering lyrics, guitar tab, chords, and more.Editing Tools
Finale makes it easy to perfect your score with handy editing tools like the Selection tool, Multiple page editing, ScoreManager®, and intuitive cut/copy/paste options.
Hearing Your Music New in 2014 – More Garritan Sounds
Finale includes world-class instrument libraries, support for external sound libraries, and several innovative tools to make sure your music sounds as good as it looks.
Sharing Your Music New in 2014 – Backward and Forward Compatibility
In addition to printed pages and audio files, Finale helps you create electronic documents that anyone can edit, print, and save. No one offers more ways to collaborate and share your music.
Educator Tools New in 2014 – More Resources
With exclusive features like SmartMusic® support, customizable music education worksheets, and the Exercise Wizard, Finale offers music educators more ways to save time.
Composing and Arranging Timesavers New in 2014 – Expanded Linked Parts
Exclusive idea-generating features, essential tools like transposition and range checking, and timesavers like Linked Parts are all included.
Production and Sequencing Tools
Finale is able to open or save as a standard MIDI file to work in conjunction with the industryâ™s most in-demand production and sequencing programs. Video support and Finaleâ™s built in mixer are just two of many tools inside of Finale that help you prepare your score for final production.
Finishing Touches New in 2014 – Improvements to Rests, Accidentals, SmartShapes and more.
Finale is the industry standard because it offers ultimate control of the printed page.
New Features in Finale 126.96.36.199
– New file format. Designed to improve compatibility, the new format for documents created in Finale helps you share your music more easily. Older Finale documents are automatically converted when you open them, and you will be prompted to save the file in the new format. You can also export your document to the older format for use in Finale 2012 (use MusicXML for earlier versions of Finale).
– Keyless scores. Create scores or sections with no key signature. You can also easily hide key signatures and continue to automatically display accidentals using the Hide key signature/Show accidentals option.
– Beat-attached Smart Shapes. Smart Shapes that previously attached to measures now attach to beats (in the same manner as expressions) with lines showing the attachment point. Beat attachment allows a Smart Shape start or end point to attach to a particular note, beat, or right barline. Affected Smart Shapes include hairpins, trills and trill extensions, 8va/8vb (ottava/ottava bassa), horizontal brackets, and lines.
– Smart multi-layer accidental and rest handling. Rests of the same duration and accidentals on unison notes in multiple layers now are displayed only once. Accidentals in one layer are also carried through the measure for all other layers (these can optionally be displayed in Staff Attributes or Staff Styles).
– Improved percussion functionality. There is now greater interaction between the Percussion Layout Designer and Percussion MIDI Maps, and Percussion MIDI
Maps can now be removed.
– Unlinkable Special Tools. Alterations made with any of the Special Tools are now unlinkable between a score and its parts.
– MP4 support. Finale now supports loading MP4 videos.
– Improved Scanning/SmartScore Lite Enhancements. Finale now includes SmartScore Lite version X2, offering improved notation recognition.
– New ARIA Player. Finale includes the latest ARIA Player from Garritan, with more than 400 instruments including the additions of alto flute, bass flute, oboe d’amore, Eb clarinet, contrabass clarinet, piccolo trumpet, tubular bells, string harmonics, percussion “toys”, orchestral brass mutes, flugelhorn, basic African percussion, steel drums, banjo, fife, tablas, Celtic harp, and nine patches from Garritan Instant Orchestra.
– Improvements to opening files. Finale displays all readable file types in the Open dialog box. Additionally, MusicXML files can now be dragged-and-dropped onto the Finale application.
– New method for Finale updates. At launch, Finale automatically checks for updates. Instead of requiring you to download and install the updates manually from the Finale website, Finale now downloads and installs the updates automatically.
What is new in Finale 2014c
Finale 2014c addresses the following issues for both Windows and Mac users:
-MIDI key velocity information is now played back in all layers.
-Stop and start values are now interpreted correctly by Human Playback.
…it also addresses this Windows-specific issue:
-Crashing behavior introduced in Finale 2014b on some Windows computers has been resolved.
What is new in Finale
Windows highlights include:
-Audio Engine errors no longer appear with some ASIO audio devices and USB mono input devices no longer cause errors.
-Unicode characters no longer cause file name problems, backup and auto-save files are included in Open dialogs, and error messages are more descriptive.
Highlights for both Mac and Windows users include:
-Human Playback correctly interprets glissandi, fp markings, and articulation trills, and also recognizes keyswitches in all layers.
-Notes on the opposite stem side in cluster chords can be selected, and rests can be repositioned when Consolidate Rests Across Layers is enabled.
-Multiple MIDI file fixes include proper percussion import and retention of track/staff names and key signatures.
-Numerous crashing situations have been fixed, and file saving speed and Score Manager performance have been improved